The West Virginia Chapter of HIMSS (WVHIMSS) is awarding a scholarship for students studying within the healthcare information and management systems field. Established and funded by WVHIMSS, the chapter annually awards one $1000 scholarship and membership in the WVHIMSS Student Committee to an undergraduate or graduate student studying in the healthcare information or healthcare management systems field.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance and recognition to qualified students with the potential for future leadership roles in the healthcare information and management systems industry.
Eligibility and selection for scholarship award will be based upon the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled full- or part-time in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program related to health information management fields including, but not necessarily limited to, health sciences, management, and information management/technology
- Individual submission of the scholarship application.
- 3.0 GPA or better with submission of the most recent transcripts showing the student is in good standing.
- Completed at least one semester of their educational program.
- At least one professional recommendation from someone familiar with the student’s work.
- A short essay that addresses:
- Why information technology is important in healthcare today.
- Discussion of how information technology can address healthcare issues and enhance patient care.
- Previous winners are ineligible.
- Completed application and all supporting documentation must be submitted to email@example.com by March 31, 2018 11:59pm EST.
- Award recipients will be notified by April 9, 2018.
- Awards will be announced at the WVHIMSS 2018 Spring Meeting April 19 - 20th 2018, specific details TBD.
Download the application below: