2015 WVHIMSS Excellence in HIT Scholarship
The West Virginia HIMSS (WVHIMSS) Chapter will award two (2) $500.00 scholarships and WVHIMSS Student Committee memberships to undergraduate and/or graduate students studying in the healthcare information or healthcare management systems field. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance and recognition to qualified students with the potential for future leadership roles in the healthcare information and management systems industry.
Eligibility and selection for scholarship award will be based upon the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled full- or part-time in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program related to health information management fields including, but not necessarily limited to, health sciences, management, and information management/technology
- The applicant must be willing to participate on one of the WVHIMSS committees.
- Individual submission of the scholarship application.
- 3.0 GPA with submission of the most recent transcripts showing the student is in good standing.
- Completed at least one semester of their educational program.
- At least one professional recommendation from someone familiar with the student’s work.
- A short essay that addresses:
- Why information technology is important in healthcare today.
- Discussion of how information technology can address healthcare issues and enhance patient care.
- Previous winners are ineligible.
- Completed application and all supporting documentation must be submitted to email@example.com by March 31, 2015 11:59pm EST.
- Award recipients will be notified by May 2nd, 2015.
- Awards will be announced at the WVHIMSS 2015 Spring Meeting